At 4:45 PM yesterday, I get a call from my neighbor. She is crying hysterically and I can't understand what she is saying. Finally, I hear . . . "They're killing it. They're killing it." So, I hang up the phone and run over to her house.
She had been outside working in her yard. The neighbor next to her has three dogs - two of which are extremely mean and the third is a little beagal. While she is outside, she witnesses the two mean dogs attack the beagal for no reason and it was a vicious attack.
She ran next door, banged on the door, but no one was home. She called animal control and they were sending out a truck. All of this time, the dogs are still attacking the beagal. So, finally, she called me to see if I could help her stop the dogs.
By the time I got there, my neighbor met me at the door and said she thought the dog was already dead. We were too late. So, I go and look over the fence. It was a gruesome sight. A few minutes later, animal control arrived. The beagal was hurt so badly that it had to be put down on sight and the other dogs were taken away.
The scary thing is this - these dogs have been out loose before! I really hope that animal control does not allow the dogs to return home. I don't want to have dogs like that in our neighborhood. Imagine if they turned on a child. Crazy, huh?
Starry, Starry Night
10 years ago


2 comments:
Wow! That's horrifying! I hope those dogs can't come back too. Any responsible dog owner would have dogs like that put down, in my opinion.
Oh my gosh!!! I feel horrible for that poor beagle. what is WRONG with their owners??? that is MESSED up!
Post a Comment