
No. 1 has a goldfish named "Ruffy." About three years ago, Good-looking and I got three goldfish as pets for the kids. (We only had 3 kids at the time). We thought it would be good to teach them some responsibility and it would be a short-term commitment. Goodfish usually only last for 6 months to a year - OR so we were told.
Well, No. 2 & No.3 's goldfish passed away in about that time frame. However, "Ruffy" refuses to die! The kids have lost interest in him - the reason why we wanted a short term commitment in the first place. So, his tank gets disgusting and starts to stink up the whole room.
Then, my guilt kicks in. . . I know the dirty tank will probably kill him and I can't let him go out that way. So, I tell the kids that it's "Operation Rescue Ruffy" and they love to help me clean out the tank. I just want him to pass away naturally. :) The problem is that I have had like 6 or 7 Operation Rescue Ruffys and the fish is still alive. I HAVE A GOLDFISH THAT IS THREE YEARS OLD!
But, I can't bring myself to sabotage the rescue missions. Good-looking says I should just tell the kids that all drains lead to the ocean and "free" Ruffy. But, I am not a cold-blooded killer! :)
So, yet again, here I go to clean a slim-covered, poop-filled, mold-growing fish tank in an effort to save Ruffy.


1 comment:
What a canundrum! This story is hilarious.
Post a Comment